Xtrades Server Rules
Keep it Professional
- All posts, except for posts in #off-topic, should be intelligent, informative, and relevant to the channel in which the message is posted.
- We do not expect English majors in our group, however, please use proper grammar in every post so that it can be clearly understood by the masses.
- Profanity will not be tolerated under any circumstance.
- Under no circumstance will comments regarding race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, financial status, etc. be tolerated in our chat rooms. You will be placed on timeout and potentially banned.
Keep it Relevant
- Any memes, even if they are relevant to stock, options, futures, or forex trading, all always belong in #off-topic. The memes should be SAFE FOR WORK. We do not tolerate any RACIAL or PORNOGRAPHIC material. Posting such content will get you banned regardless of what type of member you are.
- Any political posts should also be placed in #off-topic. There is no room for them in the main trading chat room. The only exception to this is if the political topic at hand is specifically market-altering.
- Avoid posting content from other groups. Whether it be Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, other Discord services, information should not be shared across platforms.
- Always include a stock’s ticker in your post. This includes #options-elite, #options-chat, #options-swings, #main-stock-chat, and #stock-swings.
- The proper formatting for a ticker is all caps such as “NFLX” for Netflix.
- The following will not be recognized by the bot and can lead you to a bot-automated timeout: nflx, Netflix, netflix, $NFLX, $nflx, NETFLIX, etc. Keep it all-caps without any special characters.
- If your post does not include a ticker, it should quote a message that does.
- If you want to post your gains, please post it in the #winning-trades channel. If the gains were from an analyst’s alert, please give credit to that analyst!
- Any debates that start from a political market-altering article should be moved to #off-topic.
- We do not want clutter of opinions regarding a political piece in the channels.
- Any questions about brokers, Robinhood glitches, etc. should be asked in #inquiries or #off-topic. Do not post them in the chat channels as they will be removed and can result in a timeout from the bot.
Keep it Educational
- Each post should follow the general principle of instructing others, clarifying a previous post, or inspiring others.
- All content shared should be of your own. If you share an article, a chart, or a theory, that is not yours, you must honor the source.
- We encourage the sharing of charts as much as possible, to support your theory behind a trade. “SPY 400 by EOW” generally gets viewed as spam by itself, but if you have a compelling chart to support your theory, please share the chart so that others may see what you are talking about.
- Posts like “SPY puts?” “What about BA calls? “Who’s holding NVDA calls?” “NFLX mooning”, “TSLA?” have no educational value and are likely to get deleted.
Examples of what not to do
- Stock Ticker Analysis – This is a post from Reddit’s WallStreetBets. This type of DD is not what we want in our chatroom. He has absolutely no value and rather is an expression of one’s own opinion. The quickest way to lose your money is by following someone who “thinks” they know where a stock ticker will move without any analysis of charts, data etc.
Why am I muted/in timeout?
- The following rules designate bot behavior in #options-plays, #stock-plays: 1st or 2nd message without ticker = 1 Hour Timeout – 3rd+ message without ticker = 24 Hour Timeout
- Each message with the correct ticker gives you the ability to send ANY messages in 3-minute grace period with no timeouts
Why did I get banned?
Your account may be banned from Xtrades if:
- You are found recruiting members to another server
- Stealing plays from another server and posting them here as your own
- Stealing plays from our server and posting them in other servers as your own
- You are consistently trolling in the chats, disregarding warnings from the XTrades staff
- You are responsible for a bot attack
- You are impersonating Xtrades staff to lure our members into sending money
- If you make comments regarding race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, financial status, etc., they will not be tolerated, and depending on the severity of the comment(s) you will be banned.
- You are marketing another Discord server in your status